USC Viterbi is one of the nation’s top engineering schools, and we anchor Silicon Beach, voted one of the top startup ecosystems in the world. We have many opportunities to learn entrepreneurial skills and build a startup. Do you want to make an impact?
- Community: Join one of the many Viterbi student organizations to help you get hacking!
- Competitions & Grants: Participate in one of our Viterbi Student Innovation Institute (VSI2) competitions or the National Academy of Engineering (NAE) Grand Challenges. This could potentially lead to an NSF I-Corps team grant.
- Education: Entrepreneurship skills are taught to all freshman during the ENGR 102 sections through the Viterbi Student Entrepreneurship Education (VSEE) program. Undergraduates can take part in courses offered through ITP in the Digital Entrepreneurship Minor. Upper-division undergraduates and graduate students are invited to take one of the following courses:
Undergraduate students looking for a deeper engagement can apply to the W.V.T. Rusch Undergraduate Engineering Honors Program: Innovation Track. The program includes a commercialization plan as the Honor's project that is completed under the supervision of a faculty mentor.
- Guidance: Undergraduates can attend office hours to discuss ideas and ventures with one of our faculty members! Professor Trina Gregory is available to meet with you virtually or in person. Please sign up for her Innovation Hours on calendly.
- Information: Join our email list on the Connect page. Listen to the Viterbi Voices podcast to hear the Building Startups at USC episode.
Published on July 1st, 2021
Last updated on October 13th, 2021